An·nam-Muong | \ (ˈ)a¦namˈwȯŋ, əˈn-\
Definition of Annam-Muong
: a language group comprising Vietnamese and Muong that was formerly thought to be of uncertain relation to other Southeast Asian languages and is now considered part of the Vietic branch of the Mon-Khmer family
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game