An·acan·thi·ni | \ ˌanəˈkan(t)thəˌnī\
Definition of Anacanthini
: an order or suborder of teleost fishes having all the rays of the median and pelvic fins soft and jointed, the pelvic fins thoracic or jugular in position, and the air bladder, when present, usually without a duct, and comprising the codfishes, hakes, and their related forms and formerly sometimes including the flounders and soles
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game