Amar·na | \ əˈmärnə\
Definition of Amarna
: of or belonging to the period of time about 1375–1360 b.c. that is described on the ancient Egyptian Tell el ʽAmarna tablets discovered 1887 and written in cuneiform characters containing the correspondence of Amenhotep IV and his father with other states and vassals
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game