Ag·ro·bac·te·ri·um | \ ¦a-grō-ˌbak-ˈtir-ē-əm\
Definition of Agrobacterium
: a genus of small usually gram-negative and motile bacterial rods (family Rhizobiaceae) including soil forms that vigorously reduce nitrates and several pathogens of cultivated plants that typically cause galls on stems — compare crown gall
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game