Ag·ro·bac·te·ri·um | \ ¦a-grō-ˌbak-ˈtir-ē-əm \
Definition of Agrobacterium
: a genus of small usually gram-negative and motile bacterial rods (family Rhizobiaceae) including soil forms that vigorously reduce nitrates and several pathogens of cultivated plants that typically cause galls on stems — compare crown gall
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game