past tense of widen
Synonyms & Antonyms of widened
See the Dictionary Definition
to increase the width, breadth, or scope of
- Immediate action to widen the highway is needed to ease the near constant congestion.
- The authorities planned to widen their investigation into Ponzi scheme.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for widened
- amped (up),
- beefed (up),
- stepped up,
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for widened
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game