present participle of waive
Synonyms & Antonyms of waiving
See the Dictionary Definition
to officially say that you will not use or require something that you are allowed to have or that is usually required
- She waived her right to a lawyer.
- The university waives the application fee for low-income students.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for waiving
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for waiving
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Great Scrabble Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game