present participle of confiscate
Synonyms & Antonyms of confiscating
See the Dictionary Definition
to take ownership or control of (something) by right of one's authority
- anything that might be used as a weapon will be confiscated by the security guards
Synonyms for confiscating
Words Related to confiscating
Near Antonyms for confiscating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game