present participle of understate
Synonyms & Antonyms of understating
See the Dictionary Definition
to say that (something) is smaller, less important, etc., than it really is
- He understated his taxable income.
- She's trying to understate the issue/problem.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for understating
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for understating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game