present participle of understate
Synonyms & Antonyms of understating
See the Dictionary Definition
to say that (something) is smaller, less important, etc., than it really is
- He understated his taxable income.
- She's trying to understate the issue/problem.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for understating
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for understating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game