Synonyms and Antonyms of tyro
- He's a good musician, but at 14, he's still a tyro and has a lot to learn.
Synonym Discussion of tyro
- a painting obviously done by an amateur
- remained an amateur despite lucrative offers
- had no patience for dilettantes
- a dabbler who started novels but never finished them
- shows talent but is still a mere tyro
Learn More about tyro
Dictionary: Definition of tyro
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up tyro? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).