present participle of turn down
Synonyms & Antonyms of turning down
See the Dictionary Definition
to show unwillingness to accept, do, engage in, or agree to
- I'm afraid that I will have to turn down your invitation
Synonyms for turning down
Words Related to turning down
- (also foreswearing),
- taking back,
Phrases Synonymous with turning down
Near Antonyms for turning down
Antonyms for turning down
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game