present participle of take exception
Synonyms & Antonyms of taking exception
See the Dictionary Definition
to present an opposing opinion or argument
- He took exception to my comments on standardized testing.
Synonyms for taking exception
Words Related to taking exception
- [chiefly British],
- (or whingeing)
- (or yauping),
Phrases Synonymous with taking exception
Near Antonyms for taking exception
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game