variants: or swathes
plural of swath
Synonyms of swaths
See the Dictionary Definition
1 a long narrow area
- The mower cut a swath through the tall grass.
- A large swath of the country was affected by the hurricane.
- From the cliffside, we enjoyed a stunning view of the swath of coastline below.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for swaths
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game