past tense of shudder
Synonyms of shuddered
See the Dictionary Definition
to make a series of small irregular or violent movements
- huddled in the basement, we shuddered with fear as we heard the approaching tornado
Synonyms for shuddered
Words Related to shuddered
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game