present tense third-person singular of scrutinize
Synonyms & Antonyms of scrutinizes
See the Dictionary Definition
to look over closely (as for judging quality or condition)
- the project's time constraints make it impossible for the programmers to scrutinize every line of code, so some bugs should be expected
Synonyms for scrutinizes
Words Related to scrutinizes
Phrases Synonymous with scrutinizes
Near Antonyms for scrutinizes
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game