variants: or schoolma'am
Synonyms of schoolmarm
US, old-fashioned a woman who teaches in a school in a small town or in the country
- In the movie, she plays a doting schoolmarm in colonial New England.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for schoolmarm
- [chiefly British],
- (also pedagog),
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game