present participle of preordain
Synonyms of preordaining
See the Dictionary Definition
to determine the fate of in advance
- my wife and I are such soulmates, I'm convinced that our marriage was preordained
Synonyms for preordaining
Words Related to preordaining
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game