present participle of predispose
Synonyms of predisposing
See the Dictionary Definition
formal to cause (someone) to be more likely to behave in a particular way or to be affected by a particular condition
- Past experiences have predisposed her to distrust people.
- Researchers have identified a gene that may predispose some people to the disease.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for predisposing
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game