present tense third-person singular of misstate
Synonyms & Antonyms of misstates
See the Dictionary Definition
to change so much as to create a wrong impression or alter the meaning of
- it was important that the spokesperson not misstate the company's position to the media
Synonyms for misstates
Words Related to misstates
Near Antonyms for misstates
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game