plural of litmus test
Synonyms of litmus tests
something (such as an opinion about a political or moral issue) that is used to make a judgment about whether someone or something is acceptable
- The party is using attitudes about gun control as a litmus test for political candidates.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for litmus tests
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game