present tense third-person singular of limn
Synonyms & Antonyms of limns
See the Dictionary Definition
to give a representation or account of in words
- he limned the scene in the courtroom so perfectly I could practically see it
Synonyms for limns
Words Related to limns
Near Antonyms for limns
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game