keeping clear ofphrase
present participle of keep clear of
Synonyms & Antonyms of keeping clear of
See the Dictionary Definition
to get or keep away from (as a responsibility) through cleverness or trickery
- They eventually became wise to the elaborate ruses he used to keep clear of paying his debts.
Synonyms for keeping clear of
Words Related to keeping clear of
Phrases Synonymous with keeping clear of
Near Antonyms for keeping clear of
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors