hold one's breathphrase
Synonyms of hold one's breath
to remain in place in readiness or expectation of something
- The audience was holding their breath for the movie's final action scene.
- Don't hold your breath waiting for that swindler to return your money.
Synonyms for hold one's breath
Words Related to hold one's breath
Phrases Synonymous with hold one's breath
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game