present tense third-person singular of hang fire
Synonyms & Antonyms of hangs fire
See the Dictionary Definition
to move or act slowly
- He asked his team to hang fire until he was ready.
Synonyms for hangs fire
Words Related to hangs fire
- fiddles (around),
- fools around,
- messes around,
- monkeys (around),
- potters (around),
- putters (around),
Phrases Synonymous with hangs fire
Near Antonyms for hangs fire
Antonyms for hangs fire
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game