present tense third-person singular of gloat
Synonyms & Antonyms of gloats
See the Dictionary Definition
to show in an improper or selfish way that you are happy with your own success or another person's failure
- After such a tough campaign, they're gloating over their victory in the election.
- All right, you won. There's no need to gloat about it.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for gloats
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for gloats
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Great Scrabble Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game