present participle of gloat
Synonyms & Antonyms of gloating
See the Dictionary Definition
to show in an improper or selfish way that you are happy with your own success or another person's failure
- After such a tough campaign, they're gloating over their victory in the election.
- All right, you won. There's no need to gloat about it.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for gloating
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for gloating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- A Thanksgiving Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Great Scrabble Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game