Synonyms & Antonyms of forefather
a person who is several generations earlier in an individual's line of descent
- our forefathers bought this farm, and our family has worked it for three generations
Synonyms for forefather
Words Related to forefather
Near Antonyms for forefather
Antonyms for forefather
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game