present participle of fixate
Synonyms & Antonyms of fixating
See the Dictionary Definition
to look at or think about something constantly; to give all of your attention to something —usually + on or upon
- The cat was fixated on a small hole in the wall.
- Why do journalists fixate on scandals?
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for fixating
Antonyms and Near Antonyms for fixating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game