present participle of fixate
Synonyms & Antonyms of fixating
See the Dictionary Definition
to look at or think about something constantly; to give all of your attention to something —usually + on or upon
- The cat was fixated on a small hole in the wall.
- Why do journalists fixate on scandals?
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for fixating
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for fixating
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Toys and Games Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game