plural of expropriation
Synonyms of expropriations
See the Dictionary Definition
the unlawful taking or withholding of something from the rightful owner under a guise of authority
- the development of the colony involved expropriation of large tracts of fertile farmland from the natives
Synonyms for expropriations
Words Related to expropriations
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors