plural of assumption
Synonyms of assumptions
something taken as being true or factual and used as a starting point for a course of action or reasoning
- the widespread assumption that violent entertainment leads to violent behavior in children
- your argument is faulty because it's based on erroneous assumptions
Synonyms for assumptions
Words Related to assumptions
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?