present tense third-person singular of digress
Synonyms of digresses
See the Dictionary Definition
to speak or write about something that is different from the main subject being discussed
- He digressed so often that it was hard to follow what he was saying.
- If I can digress for a moment, I'd like to briefly mention her earlier films.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for digresses
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game