present participle of crop (up)
Synonyms of cropping (up)
See the Dictionary Definition
to come to one's attention especially gradually or unexpectedly
- a new issue has just cropped up in the campaign
Synonyms for cropping (up)
Words Related to cropping (up)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game