variants: also cortège
Synonyms of cortege
1 a body of employees or servants who accompany and wait on a person
- the movie star's cortege included her hair stylist, makeup artist, personal assistant, and press agent
Synonyms for cortege
Words Related to cortege
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game