carrying a torch (for)phrase
variants: or carrying the torch (for)
present participle of carry a torch (for)
Synonyms & Antonyms of carrying a torch (for)
See the Dictionary Definition
to feel passion, devotion, or tenderness for
- She still carries a torch for her husband after over 30 years of marriage.
Synonyms for carrying a torch (for)
Words Related to carrying a torch (for)
Phrases Synonymous with carrying a torch (for)
Near Antonyms for carrying a torch (for)
Antonyms for carrying a torch (for)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
- ls ‘Series’ Singular or Plural?
- Triumph, Ovations and Other Words from Ancient Rome
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game