Synonyms and Antonyms of caprice
- An out-of-character caprice led him to take the day off from work and go to the beach.
bee in one's bonnet
- His knack for picking winning lottery numbers owes more to caprice than to a canny assessment of odds.
Synonym Discussion of caprice
- by sheer caprice she quit her job
- an odd antique that was bought on a whim
- he had been prone to strange vagaries
- a serious scientist equally known for his bizarre crotchets
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up caprice? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).