plural of canoe
Synonyms of canoes
(Entry 1 of 2)
a long narrow boat that is pointed at both ends and that is moved by a paddle with one blade
- They took their canoe out on the river.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for canoes
- (also batteaux),
- (or currachs),
- rowing boats
- [chiefly British],
present tense third-person singular of canoe
Synonyms of canoes (Entry 2 of 2)
See the Dictionary Definition
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors