being on the lookout forphrase
variants: or keeping a lookout for
present participle of be on the lookout for
Synonyms & Antonyms of being on the lookout for
See the Dictionary Definition
to be cautious of or on guard against
- After the storm, the police told the public to be on the lookout for downed power lines.
- The public should remain vigilant and keep a lookout for any suspicious activity.
Synonyms for being on the lookout for
Words Related to being on the lookout for
Phrases Synonymous with being on the lookout for
Near Antonyms for being on the lookout for
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Are We Entering 'Uncharted' or 'Unchartered' Waters?
- Complaining About 'Obnoxious'
- 6 Words That Didn’t Always Describe Food
- 'Arrive At' vs. 'Arrive To': A Very Nerdy Analysis
Ask the Editors