Synonyms & Antonyms of accusation
a claim that someone has done something wrong or illegal; a charge that someone has committed a fault or crime
- Investigators have leveled accusations of corruption against a group of former officials.
- The police are investigating serious accusations of wrongdoing.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for accusation
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for accusation
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game