present tense third-person singular of accost
Synonyms & Antonyms of accosts
See the Dictionary Definition
to approach and speak to (someone) often in an angry, aggressive, or unwanted way
- He was accosted by peddlers selling touristy trinkets on the street.
- She was so famous that people would accost her on the street and ask for an autograph.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for accosts
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for accosts
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game