Synonyms and Antonyms of foot (it)
- after the car broke down, we had to foot it to the movie
- got out onto the dance floor and footed it like crazy
Synonyms and Antonyms of hightail (it)
- when a fight broke out, we hightailed it out of the bar
Synonyms and Antonyms of hoof (it)
- I hoofed it to school after missing the bus
- he hoofs it from seven to eight every Thursday night with other avid square dancers
Synonyms and Antonyms of hotfoot (it)
- you'd better hotfoot it to the bus stop if you're going to catch the bus
barrel, belt, blast, blaze, blow, bolt, bomb [slang], bowl, breeze, bundle, bustle, buzz, cannonball, careen, career, chase, course, crack (on), dash, drive, fly, hare, hasten, hie, highball, hump, hurl, hurry, hurtle, hustle, jet, jump, motor, nip, pelt, race, ram, rip, rocket, run, rush, rustle, scoot, scurry, scuttle, shoot, speed, step, tear, travel, trot, whirl, whisk, zip, zoom
Synonyms and Antonyms of leg (it)
- the car was in the shop so we had to leg it to work for a couple of days
lord (it over)
Synonyms and Antonyms of lord (it over)
- waiters at that fancy restaurant like to lord it over the customers, acting like they're doing them a favor just being there
Synonyms and Antonyms of with-it
- a brand of humor that the comedy club's with-it clientele very much appreciates
Synonyms and Antonyms of know-it-all
- My neighbor is a real know-it-all, always telling me what to do.
Synonyms and Antonyms of beat it
- Let's beat it before we miss the start of the movie.
barrel, belt, blast, blaze, blow, bolt, bomb [slang], bowl, breeze, bundle, bustle, buzz, cannonball, careen, career, chase, course, crack (on), dash, drive, fly, hare, hasten, hie, highball, hotfoot (it), hump, hurl, hurry, hurtle, hustle, jet, jump, motor, nip, pelt, race, ram, rip, rocket, run, rush, rustle, scoot, scurry, scuttle, shoot, speed, step, tear, travel, trot, whirl, whisk, zip, zoom
- They beat it out of there when the cops showed up.
- She grew bored of her hometown and decided to beat it.
bail, bail out, begone, book [slang], bugger off [British slang], bug off, bug out, buzz (off), clear off [chiefly British], clear out, cut out, depart, dig out, exit, get, get off, go, go off, move, pack (up or off), part, peel off, pike (out or off), pull out, push off, push on, quit, run along, sally (forth), scarper [British], shove (off), step (along), take off, vamoose, walk out
booze it up
Synonyms and Antonyms of booze it up
- The resort town was filled tourists boozing it up on vacation.
Synonyms and Antonyms of buy it
- After years of ignoring his health problems, the old man finally bought it.
Synonyms and Antonyms of cool it
- You need to cool it before we all get in trouble.
Synonyms and Antonyms of cut it
- He couldn't cut it as an actor, so went into journalism instead.
full of it
Synonyms and Antonyms of full of it
- He's just so full of it that I can't even listen to him anymore.
- I wanted to believe her story, but it did sound a bit full of it.
get with it
Synonyms and Antonyms of get with it
- It's time to get with it and find yourself a better job.
getting it on
Synonyms and Antonyms of getting it on
- caught in the act of getting it on
gut it out
Synonyms and Antonyms of gut it out
- I know you're tired of being in the car, but can you gut it out until we get to the motel?
Synonyms and Antonyms of hack it
- a skilled home cook who nonetheless couldn't hack it as a restaurant chef
hang it up
Synonyms and Antonyms of hang it up
- We've had a good go of it, but I think it's time to hang it up.
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up foot (it)? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).