Lookups spiked 3,025% on December 4th, 2018
Complicit was among our top lookups on December 4th, 2018, after Senator Lindsey Graham asserted that the crown prince of Saudi Arabia was "complicit in the murder" of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
Sen. Lindsey Graham says Saudi Arabia's crown prince is a "wrecking ball" and is "complicit in the murder" of Khashoggi to the "highest level possible."— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) December 4, 2018
"Saudi Arabia is a strategic ally and the relationship is worth saving, but not at all costs," he adds https://t.co/iZZbpgzx7c pic.twitter.com/tEJ6ja8Mup
Complicit is defined as "helping to commit a crime or do wrong in some way."
Trend Watch is a data-driven report on words people are looking up at much higher search rates than normal. While most trends can be traced back to the news or popular culture, our focus is on the lookup data rather than the events themselves.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game