Medical Definition of vestibular sense
: a complex sense concerned with the perception of bodily position and motion, mediated by end organs in the vestibular system, and stimulated by alterations in the pull of gravity and by head movements
— called also labyrinthine sense
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game