Medical Definition of ventral funiculus
: a longitudinal division on each side of the spinal cord comprising white matter between the anterior median fissure and the ventral root Their axons descend in the lateral and ventral funiculi and terminate on motor neurons or on interneurons that project to motor neurons within the spinal gray matter. — Marion Murray, in Neuroscience in Medicine, 3rd edition, 2010
— called also anterior funiculus— compare lateral funiculus, posterior funiculus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game