medical Definition of ulnar collateral ligament
- … the preseason Atlantic Sun pitcher of the year, will miss the rest of the season after suffering ulnar collateral ligament damage on the inside of his throwing elbow.
- —Dana Caldwell, The Naples (Florida) Daily News, 25 Mar. 2011
- … McDowell had a torn ulnar collateral ligament and will need Tommy John surgery to repair it …
- —David Campbell, The Eagle (Bryan, Texas), 25 Mar. 2011
- Palpate to the end of the ulnar styloid, and notice the gap between it and the carpals. … With the wrist in radial deviation, the ulnar collateral ligament can be felt bridging this gap.
- —Management of Common Musculoskeletal Disorders: Physical Therapy Principles, 2006
- … skier's thumb, an ulnar collateral ligament sprain or injury to the thumb usually resulting from a fall.
- —Heidi Splete, Family Practice News, 1 Dec. 2002