radial collateral ligamentnoun
Medical Definition of radial collateral ligament
2 : a ligament of the wrist on the thumb side that connects the distal end of the radius of the arm with the trapezium and scaphoid bones and helps to stabilize the wrist joint — compare ulnar collateral ligament sense 2
3 : a ligament of the outer middle joint of the thumb that connects the head of the metacarpal bone with the adjacent phalanx — compare ulnar collateral ligament sense 3
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game