medical Definition of trigger zone
- After identifying and manually stabilizing the tender area in the taut band with the fingers, the needle is quickly passed through the skin and then into the trigger zone.
- —Robert D. Gerwin and Jan Dommerholt, in Pain Management: A Practical Guide for Clinicians, 6th edition, 2002
- Emesis experts believe that poisons somehow signal a chemical trigger zone, possibly in a region of the brainstem called the area postrema …
- —Tom Siegfried, The Dallas Morning News, 7 July 1997
- The signal is passively transmitted along the neuron until it reaches the trigger zone where action potentials are generated …
- —Frank J. Cerney and Harold W. Burton, Exercise Physiology for Healthcare Professionals, 2001