Medical Definition of transfemoral
1 : passing through or performed by way of the femoral artery transfemoral angiography
2a : occurring across or involving the femur transfemoral amputation
b : having undergone transfemoral amputation a transfemoral amputee also : suitable for use following transfemoral amputation transfemoral prostheses
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game