Medical Definition of tick-borne encephalitis
: any encephalitis transmitted by ticks specifically : a mild to fatal virus disease of humans of Europe and Asia that is characterized most often by meningitis or encephalitis or both or sometimes only by a mild fever and that is caused by the tick-borne encephalitis virus —abbr. TBE — see russian spring-summer encephalitis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game