Medical Definition of thymidine kinase
: an enzyme that catalyzes the phosphorylation of thymidine in a pathway leading to DNA synthesis, that is active especially in tissues undergoing growth or regeneration, and that is the key enzyme mediating replication in certain viruses (as the herpesvirus causing herpes simplex)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?