Medical Definition of suramin
: a trypanocidal drug C51H34N6Na6O23S6 obtained as a white powder and administered intravenously in the early stages of African sleeping sickness
— called also germanin, suramin sodium
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game