superior articular processnoun
Medical Definition of superior articular process
: a process of a vertebra that lies on each side of the neural arch and projects upward and articulates with an inferior articular process of the next more cranial vertebra The transverse process is much modified as a broad, sloping mass which projects laterally from the body, pedicle and superior articular process. — Gray's Anatomy, 39th edition, 2005
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?